About Me

My photo
Here I am in Peace Corps Guatemala... I would like to share my experiences with those back home and elsewhere with this online journal. Please post comments and question if you have any. Any mail can be sent to: Grace Hansen PCV Cuerpo de Paz Apartado Postal 33 Chimaltenango, Chimaltenango, 4001 Guatemala, Centro América Or I can be reached by telephone: 011.502.5384.4287 or skype: grace.anna ¡Besos!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

SITE ASSIGNMENTS!!!


Gonzalo arrived in San Bartolomé at 8am this morning. In his arms he carried orange folders containing our destinies...

The anticipation was almost too much to bear! Hannah reportedly had been up since 3am, unable to sleep because she was so nervous.

It felt like Christmas morning when you're a little kid... Just dying to open that first present. One by one he passed out our orange folders and once we all had them in hand, we opened to the first page.

There, on a simply map of Guatemala, outlined in green highlighter was my department. And printed neatly in the corner was printed, "ADLEA ESTANCIA DE LA VIRGEN; SAN MARTIN, JILOTEPEQUE, CHIMALTENANGO"

It's official! I have been placed in Amanda's site! This is wonderful news because not only have I visited it twice, but I have gotten to know some of the people there and developed a good connection with Amanda so that I may continue some of her projects.

Also, this is one of the closest sites to the Peace Corps office and also to Guatemala City so it will make it very easy for me to meet family and friends at the airport when they come to visit. So get on down here!

Next week we will be spending the week in our new sites to get more acquainted. For many, this will be the very first time they will see their sites. For me, I will be moving into Amanda's old living quarters since she has already left to go home. It is a very exciting time... We are less than 2 weeks away from swearing in as volunteers and then it all begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment